With increasingly frequent trips to the hobby store (mainly for replenishing my yarn stock ;)), I can’t help but think how hobbies are important to maintain our sanity. They keep stress at bay and allow you to enjoy your work more.
Since childhood, I would always be engaged in various hobbies with my friends, be it games, learning, dancing or singing, and still managed to get homework done. As time goes on things like homework, and career take over. It becomes increasingly difficult to find time to do things you enjoy and for your loved ones, your friends and family.
You don’t have to compromise on work schedules to make time for hobbies. Just when there is an hour before you go to bed, write a journal. Or over the weekend, cook lavishly. Here are some hobby ideas, that worked for me, you could try to live life a little.
- Cooking – Cooking always tops my chart for hobby ideas. Although you may cook on an everyday basis, cooking at leisure is always a wonderful experience.
- Crafts – With my growing interest in crochet, crafts like knitting and crocheting have come to my attention. I wonder sometimes how my life was before crocheting. It has this calming effect and helps me create these beautiful things while watching tv.
- Exercising – Physical activity in various forms has become very popular in recent times. The health benefits for exercising are endless. Risks for many diseases, including laziness ;), can be reduced greatly by just going out for a brisk walk in the evening.
Try going for a walk with your family once in the week. Gym doesn’t need to be boring. You can try Zumba, aerobics and yoga. There are so many options out there. Try them and see what fits you. Since I love dancing, I loved my zumba classes since day 1.
- Reading – So here is my “Law of reading a novel”, as the work load increases, the chances of touching a novel decreases and the want to read novels during the exams increases exponentially.
This weekend, wake up early, with the morning coffee in your hand take the book you have wanted to read and start. There is nothing more enjoyable than a good read with a cup of coffee.
- Write – If you like writing, start writing a journal/ a more public blog. Pen down your feelings. It doesn’t take more than 30 minutes. You don’t have to do it every day. Just write when you have a mood to. You can also start a scrapbook. There are so many stores out there which have beautiful accessories for scrapbook-ing. Check them out.
I have been trying to do this since forever, but I need to get more regular at it.
There is never going to be time for things that you love doing, unless you plan your time and keep most part of your time for work but don’t forget to include your hobbies. There are so many other hobby options out there you could try such as, photography, gardening, the list can go on. You can always make time. Hobbies let your mind refresh and lets you enjoy work more. It also teaches you to prioritize and use time efficiently.
Share your hobby ideas with me. How did your hobby help you? Thank you so much for stopping by.